Northgate delivering service improvements for over 6.5m citizens
3 December 2009
Northgate’s CRM systems now serve over 6.5 million citizens in England – one in eight of the population.
Local authorities and a range of other public sector and community organisations such as housing associations and the police are increasingly turning to Northgate to support them in delivering continuous improvement in customer service, including:
- providing one-stop services for citizens;
- joining up front-office and back-office systems to allow staff access to customer information to improve the service they provide;
- reducing the time taken to deliver services;
- presenting public sector organisations as customer-focused bodies, with service delivery built around the needs of the citizen;
- tracking the progress of customer queries more effectively;
- delivering performance and other management information;
- reducing the bureaucratic burden on staff;
- and delivering efficiencies whilst improving services.
Canterbury City Council recently chose Northgate as its partner to support the development of a new approach to citizen-centred service delivery. Canterbury was able to reach its objectives of joining its services together and putting people in the community first. Other recent successful implementations include:
- Craven District and Harrogate Borough Council’s innovative joint procurement exercise, which saw an improvement in access to council services and value for money for local residents and businesses;
- King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council, where a five-year contract will see integration between Front Office and its Revenues and Benefits, Planning, Environmental Services and Housing applications;
- and South Ribble Borough Council, which saw the implementation of Front Office as a critical part of the opening of a new Corporate Customer Contact Centre, part of the Council’s ambitious redevelopment scheme.
Dave Meaden, Managing Director, Northgate Public Services, said today:
“We are delighted that so many local authorities have chosen to work in partnership with Northgate to bring about service improvements, as councils are under increasing pressure to deliver effective and efficient services that are specific to citizens needs.
“By tailoring our relationship management services to a range of public bodies we are excited at the prospects of realising a collaborative vision to deliver service improvements to as many citizens as possible through multi-agency agreement.”