Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 00968498) (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to your use of the Mobile SAM mobile application software (App), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data about you that we collect from you, or that you provide to us (“Your Personal Data”) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By downloading or using the App, you agree to the terms of this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller of Your Personal Data is Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited of Peoplebuilding 2, Peoplebuilding Estate, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4NW.
Please note that this policy does NOT govern any personal data of a third party collected, stored, recorded or processed by you using the App, whether for or on behalf of your employer or otherwise. You agree not to provide any such third party personal data to us using the App or otherwise. You (or your employer) are the data controller of such third party personal data and accordingly remain responsible for compliance with all applicable legislation, rules and regulations in respect of such personal data, including, for the avoidance of doubt, the obtaining of any necessary consents in respect thereof.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you download or register an App and when you report a problem with an App. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, username, password and other registration information.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the App we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier mobile network information, your mobile operating system and time zone setting;
- details of your use of the App including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data whether for monitoring purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your Device.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the App when you choose to do so.
- To maintain, protect and improve the App.
- To notify you about changes to the App.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Save as set out below, we will not disclose the Your Personal Data to any third party.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply any agreement between us and you or your employer or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Northgate Public Services (UK) Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites or to us via e-mail; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access so far as is reasonably possible.
You have the right to ask us not to process Your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, if applicable. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access, update and correct information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act by sending an email addressed to email@example.com.